Our Coolest Coops Photo Contest is Back — Starts May 3rd
Show us Your Creative Coop and You Could Win an Automatic Coop Door from BrinseaPromoted by Brinsea
How Does it Work?
Think you have the coolest coop on the block? Share your pictures and crafting details, and you may be crowned the winner of Backyard Poultry‘s annual Coolest Coops contest. From one-of-a-kind waterers to hand-crafted roosts to completely recycled creations … show us your best!
Enter to Win
Submissions accepted May 3-23 (enter below).
Social media voting May 25-30 (links below)
Winners announced the week of June 1 on social media.
Winners featured in the August / September 2021 issue of Backyard Poultry and awarded prizes below.
There Are Two Ways to Enter
Submit your photo(s) below (you will need to enter each photo individually — use the same email address and we will know the photos belong together) OR use the hashtag #bypcoolestcoops on Instagram and tag @backyardpoultrymag and @brinseaus. Please note that if you enter via Instagram, you will need to submit print-worthy pictures at a later date if contacted by our staff.
Please note that by entering your photos, you grant Backyard Poultry permission to share them socially, with proper attribution to you.
Grand Prize Winner — as chosen by the Backyard Poultry editorial staff — will receive a ChickSafe Eco Automatic Chicken Coop Door Opener from Brinsea, prominent placement in the August / September 2021 issue of Backyard Poultry, a commemorative coop sign, and a copy of Reinventing the Chicken Coop from our bookstore.
Voters’ Choice Winners: After picking the grand prize winner, the Backyard Poultry editorial staff will pick their 10 favorite coops. Our Facebook and Instagram fans will determine two voters’ choice winners from our top 10. These two winners will each receive placement in the August / September issue of Backyard Poultry, a commemorative coop sign, and a copy of Reinventing the Chicken Coop from our bookstore.
Please note: Previous winners, as well as the Top 10 coops from 2020, will not be considered in this year’s contest.
- Coops must not be store-bought in their entirety.
- Parts of the coop — feeders, fencing, etc. — can be store-bought, but the ready-made coops bought off the shelf are not what we are striving to show off.
- Coops upcycled from old buildings, furniture, etc. are allowed.
- Uploaded photos should be .jpgs and be submitted with a short, concise description of the coop and what makes it the coolest. Photos should clearly show the inside and outside of the coop, as well as any of the pieces mentioned in the description. Simply put, we need visual proof.
- You may submit up to one coop per household, and up to 8 photos per coop entry.
- All entries must include a valid name and email address, so contest organizers can contact winners.
- Readers who have previously submitted coop articles and pictures to Backyard Poultry are encouraged to resubmit those to our contest.
- Previous winners, as well as the Top 10 coops from 2021, will not be considered in this year’s contest.
- Must be 18 years or older to enter.
- This contest is not affiliated with Instagram.